Technical Sales Specialist, AEC
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for leading and presenting all technical sales aspects of an Autodesk sales cycle. Technical Specialists partner with Authorized Autodesk Resellers to assist in the development, management and execution on strategies and tactics for closing business. They meet with individuals at all levels within a customer’s organization in order to understand their issues and position solutions while discovering business opportunities for Autodesk.
- Perform in-depth assessments of customer processes. Investigate, uncover and understand the customer’s business issues. Utilize knowledge of business trends, technology, and industry changes to identify areas of opportunity for customer process improvement.
- Capture metrics for quantifying and justifying the customer’s return on investment (ROI) for the purpose of technical closure. Work with Autodesk consulting services when needed for adoption of proposed Autodesk solutions.
- Demonstrate proposed solutions & product overviews and relate them to the customer’s business issues. Develop and conduct professional presentations & demonstrations, and lead sales discussions with customers to generate sales of Autodesk solutions.
- Position and sell Autodesk’s unique business values in competitive sales situations against other vendors. Presentations, demonstrations, and discussions may be in-person, web-based, or via other mechanisms.
- Influence product development and product direction through customer feedback and identified business opportunities.
- Develops long term customer relationships and achieves customer satisfaction goals. Maintain and grow respected, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Autodesk Reseller sales team involved with the opportunity.
- Partner with Reseller sales representatives to assist in the development, management and execution on strategies and tactics for closing business.
- Support the success of Autodesk resellers by mentoring and training reseller personnel on technical sales activities and execution. Support internal sales and team learning through creation of sales content.
- Participates in company sponsored events and tradeshows to promote Autodesk’s solutions and the customer business issues they target.
- 3+ years’ experience in Architecture, Infrastructure and/or Construction industry
- Engineering Bachelor degree from recognized institute an advantage
- Experience in working with CAD software. Experience with using 3D modelling tools an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly Motivated
- English proficiency
- Willingness to travel, mainly in country
- Knowledge of Autodesk solutions, preferable in the AEC space
- Knowledge of competitor’s AEC software an advantage
- Previous experience with sales or pre-sales an advantage
Autodesk makes software for people who make things. If you’ve ever driven a high-performance car, admired a towering skyscraper, used a smartphone, or watched a great film, chances are you’ve experienced what millions of Autodesk customers are doing with our software. Autodesk gives you the power to make anything.
About First Distribution
First Distribution is South Africa’s leading distributor for datacentre, enterprise and cloud solutions. Our product focus is on our portfolio of leading global brands extending across multiple categories within the greater IT industry, as represented by our Stack. These include Client Computing, Hosted Solutions, Security, Software, Virtualisation, Storage, Servers, Networking and our very own cloud services brokerage, First for Cloud.