The correct candidate will be required to full fill a full time Microsoft SPLA (Service Provider License Agreement) Software Asset Management position. The objectives of this role is to assist the First Distribution Microsoft SPLA team to conduct Software Asset Management assessments on all SPLA partners as well as to onboard new partners to the program.
Conduct monthly partner compliance monitoring on assigned software publishers which may range from onboarding to existing partners
- Prepare audit plans for each partner under your responsibility
- Prepare an effective license position per product per partner in accordance with your audit plan
- Prepare remediation plans and facilitate the remediation process with the line of business to avoid any non-compliance.
- Ensure that all software non-compliance risks and exposures have been discussed with the relevant stakeholder.
- Prepare optimization plans based on the audit outcome.
- Percentage of audits completed against plan -Monthly
- Costs avoided or saved through licenses remediation and optimization exercises. Accountable for the accuracy and relevancy of software asset data as aligned to your publisher portfolios.
- Prepare a plan on how SAM information will be reviewed and validated for accuracy once captured into the software license inventory and data repositories.
- Accuracy and availability of license and deployment data. Proactively manage software license demand across the bank with a view to vet requirements, re-harvest licenses where applicable, and clearly communicating product licensing terms and conditions for your portfolio.
- Provide guidance to partners in terms of effectively gathering and communicating software requirements to the relevant parties
- Cost saved or avoided through software licenses re-harvested, license advisory and negotiations through Procurement as a result of proactive demand management.
- Stakeholder feedback on services rendered, collate and communicate relevant software asset management information to Line management.
- Monthly management information packs incorporating aspects of:
- Financial / budget
- Software contract renewals / procurement
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Software Asset Management (SAM) – Core exam-70-713 completed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Service Provider License Agreement
- Understanding of Microsoft licensing at a Gold Level Competency