Job Description for Pre-Post Sales Engineer
The Pre-Post Sales Engineer role entails, amongst others, the execution of complex projects by studying and understanding user requirements, identifying gaps (if any) between user requirements and available technology functionalities and defining solutions to bridge the gap:
- Participates in and drive technical opportunities and initiatives, primarily within the Enterprise space.
- Responsible to do configurations and produce accurate, validated Bills of Material for quoting purposes.
- Be active in the IT community and become and remain a trusted, technical advisor to our partners.
- Jointly engage, together with Brand and Sales team/s, key personnel and stakeholders throughout our Tier 1 and 2 partner basis.
- Deliver, develop, and maintain thought-provoking content to assist our internal sales teams and partners realize the full value of our product portfolios.
- Participate in internal account planning and strategy meetings, conduct C- level meetings/presentations, attend industry events, and provide post-sales guidance to assist partners in adopting our solutions.
- For large, enterprise and/or critical opportunities, be responsible for actively participating in the technology evaluation and business justification stage of the sales process, working with the sales team/s as a key advisor and advocate for our enterprise products and services.
- Answer technical questions regarding our stack, features, solutions and applications, as well as being able to assist our sales team/s in articulating and presenting our value position to partners, customers and technical users.
- Nurture, demonstrate and present a broader understanding of the overall enterprise IT landscape to partners and their customers.
- Identify and address issues enthusiastically and efficiently, to assure complete partner satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales and/or technology evaluation process, and be able to establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key partner contacts throughout his/her duration as an employee.
- Demonstrate and articulate our enterprise technologies, products and solutions to partners and their customers either onsite or remotely (Webex), and at field marketing events such as conferences and/or partner/customer events.
- Act as the go-to enterprise technology resource for both brand/sales teams as well as the mentor and advisor for junior, internal pre-sales resources.
- Plan for, deliver and share technical knowledge and experience with other internal team members as well as partners, as and when required.
- Consult on and design complex solutions and integrate such solutions with existing systems to meet specific business needs.
- Work closely with brand/sales teams and partner/customer representatives to understand business needs and requirements and design unique plans to tackle the IT needs of each business or client.
- Assist partners and brand/sales teams to assess and understand business needs and the overall impact of proposed solution/s on the profitability of the business.
- At all times strive to propose and design IT solutions that would yield return on investment for the business.
- Review and contribute towards RFP’S/RFI’s and any other proposal from vendors and/or partners.
- Liaise with brand/sales, partners and their clients/representatives to understand the IT needs of business.
- Liaise with other internal brands/sales/pre-sales to consult on and design cross-brand technology solutions and/or architectures for complex business cases.
- Develop, test and implement technology solutions and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes.
- Supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions.
- Collaborates with brand, sales, operations, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the brand, sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
- Reporting to the Technical Pre-Sales Manager, the Pre-Post Sales Engineer reports on a dotted line to the Brand/Product Manager/s responsible for the Brand/s supported.
- Works deals identified by the brand sales team, supporting & prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the brand manager.
- Proactively scope technical solutions required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the partner.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the partner/customer base. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal brand/sales to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secure from partners technical staff, commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned performance targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, and/or brand teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team members, brand/sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Collectively with brand/sales, opportunistically pursues additional Enterprise business development opportunities within assigned Tier 1/2 partner base/s. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and driven to a technical close.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks to deal closure.
- Plan for and deliver proof of concept/value, aligned to the sales cycle, and involving the appropriate partner technical resources.
Post Sales – Professional Services
Responsible for the design, architecture, planning and implementation of solutions and deployments, as assigned by management, from time to time.
Report to the Head of Professional Services.
Undertake the necessary training and obtain and maintain the necessary level of certification required to be compliant and authorised to deliver professional and implementation services on identified products and technologies.
- Deliver successfully implemented projects on selected enterprise technologies.
- Represent partners during the implementation of solutions.
- Communicate and report effectively on project status to the partner and customer as well as internally.
- Staging, testing and implementing pre-selected and identified technologies.
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of all solutions.
- Provide architectural guidance to the partner project team as well as internally.
- Render consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the partner project team.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders.
- Keep accurate record of time/materials used, expected deliverables and milestones achieved.
- Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time.
- Ensure timely completion of projects.
- Ensure that solution architectures designed are in sync with business needs and hardware.
- Create and implement project deliverables, implementation plan, success criteria and customer project sign-off.
- Work collaboratively with the internal project team to create and implement the project plans.
- Where required or directed to, commit to delivering on-site professional services to end-users on behalf of partners and/or employer.
- Driver’s License: (Min code 8)
- Own Reliable Car
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (Minimum NQF6)
- Storage and compute training Dell/EMC Storage, Server, Back-u and Replication
- Experience in technology – specifically working in the ICT sector
- Min 5 years’ experience in a Pre-Sales role, with a specific focus on Dell/EMC Technologies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Storage and Server technologies
- Proven track record in developing and defining technical product specs
- Experience in providing technical support and training for technical clients
- Extensive knowledge of the technology landscape, locally and internationally
- In-depth understanding of business rival and competitor products
- Knowledge and understanding of Pre Sales, Bid Office and Contract management
- Understanding the Regulatory and Legal landscape
- Proactivity / initiative
- Customer centricity and service orientation
- Team orientation – strengthening teams or working in an integrated team environment
- Relationship builder – strong people focus
- Resilience – maintaining composure and dealing effectively with stress
- Flexible and adaptable – changing opinions / behaviour in the light of changing situations
- Strong detail focus – attention to detail and accuracy
- Action oriented – sense of urgency
- Diplomacy and tact
- Operate with integrity (high ethics)
- Able to function and operate under pressure
- Problem solving