The Pre-Sales Engineer role entails, amongst others, the design and build of accurate Bills of Material, configurations and solutions by studying and understanding partner requirements as well as planning and delivering POC’s and POV’s.
- Reporting to the Services Manager.
- Responsible for executing on configurations, builds and Bills and Bills of Material (BOM) for assigned products and/or technologies within specific timelines, as determined by Brand/Sales SLA’s.
- Responsible for validating partner BOM’s and configurations.
- Respond to partner technical queries and fielding phone support queries from partners on assigned product/s and technologies.
- Work closely with Vendor technical teams to understand current and new technical developments within assigned product/s and Technologies.
- Participates in and drive technical opportunities and initiatives, primarily within the Networking & Security space.
- Be active in the IT community.
- Answer technical questions regarding allocated product/s and/or technologies and assist our internal sales team/s in articulating and presenting the technical value proposition to partners, customers and technical users.
- Plan for, deliver and share technical knowledge and experience with other internal team members.
- Review and contribute towards RFP’S/RFI’s and any other proposal from vendors and/or partners.
- Liaise with brand/sales, partners and their clients/representatives to understand the IT needs of business.
- Responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the brand, sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
- Works deals identified by the brand sales team, supporting & prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the brand manager.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks to deal closure.
- Train and certify on allocated Brands, Technologies and Products as directed by Management.
- Keep required certifications active and renew certifications as and when required by management.
- Provide coaching and professional development to team members, brand/sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
POC’s, POV’s and Demo’s
- Plan for and deliver proof of concept/value, aligned to the sales cycle, and involving the appropriate partner technical resources.
- Proactively scope, design, plan and deliver technical POC’s and POV’s, designed to address specific customer requirements.
- Document and report on all POC/POV outcomes to team members, partners and end customers.
- Meets assigned POC/POV performance targets, for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, and/or brand teams supported.
- Demonstrate and articulate our enterprise technologies, products and solutions to partners and their customers either onsite or remotely (Webex)
- Plan for and deliver product and/or technology demonstrations to team members, partners and their customers.
The Level 2 Pre-Sales Engineer will carry KPI’s relating to the following:
- Number of POC’s successfully carried out per month, per assigned product/s and/or technologies, as determined and assigned by management.
- Number of POV’s successfully carried out per month, per assigned product/s and/or technologies, as determined and assigned by management.
- Required Certifications, as determined and assigned by management, remaining current and up to date.
The Level 2 Pre-Sales Engineer could qualify for a monthly performance incentive, if the following criteria has been met:
- >= 3 (Three) POC’s executed SUCCESSFULLY within a specific calendar month.
- A successful POC is defined as a POC where the outcomes of such a POC accurately and successfully demonstrated a resolution to the identified pain points and/or requirements of the customer and the results proved that requirements have been met.
- A POC will NOT be deemed successful, unless the following key stakeholders has approved and signed off the success criteria as having been met:
- Project Lead at the end user
- Project Lead at the partner
- Distribution Sales Lead