We are currently seeking a qualified, knowledgeable IT Professional. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical problems and providing training to users to maximize the productivity value of technology in the business.
The ideal candidate should be highly knowledgeable and customer oriented. Communication skills must be exceptional to succeed in this role, including the ability to develop and deliver clear and highly useful presentations. Superior technical expertise in all relevant areas is a must, as is an aptitude for problem-solving.
Systems Administration Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing the overall IT system from a holistic viewpoint, identifying potential issues.
- Analyzing system logs to pro-actively identify potential issues with computer systems.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords etc.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users.
- Apply a security conscious mindset on all activities, and correct where necessary.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of IT systems.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Ensuring parity between dev, test, and production environments.
- Plan and manage the server room environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to understanding customer requirements as well as business objectives.
- Ability to provide effective, strategic advice on the use of technology to achieve shared goals.
- Management skills needed to oversee IT initiatives and collaborations with various staff.
- Design skills needed to help develop corporate IT systems and networks, ensuring the most effective architecture and functionality.
- Commitment to supporting new technology implementation.
- Ability to train users in both new and existing IT systems.
- Willingness to assist with technical issues.
Systems Administration Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/BA in computer science, IT, or relevant field; MS/MBA in business considered to be a plus.
- Professional certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+) are also an asset.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience as IT Professional in a corporate setting.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues quickly and effectively.