Main Purpose of Position:
The Renewals Account Manager function shall be responsible for assisting in developing our client base by compiling and configuring quotations based on renewals of existing licences as well as working in conjunction with First Distribution Sales Teams on upselling / cross selling within their current environment, and for securing orders in the client base.
This will be achieved by working in conjunction with our vendors on future opportunities to provide a pro-active approach to quoting, in seeking the opportunities and providing quotations to resellers on their incumbent opportunities in advance of the customer requesting the quotation. Additionally, through responding to quotations requested via the resellers.
Daily responsibilities will include – analysing internal and vendor renewal reports in order to provide timeous and accurate quotations in collaboration with the Brand and Sales Operations Team; order processing and administration; eta management and communication.
The below KPAs (outlined in section 1) are not exhaustive, additional responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary by your direct manager.
Renewals Sales Specialists must also refer to their Sales Plan which outlines the Quarterly and Annual targets and KPI’s.
Key Performance Areas:
|Perform administration of reseller quotations and orders, adhere to all internal and external processes and internal system requirements
|* Proactively Draw regular internal and vendor reports in order to analyze future opportunities and provide pro-active quotations to Account Managers and/ or Resellers – working to a timeline of 90 days in advance
* Respond to Account Manager and/ or Reseller within 2 hours of receiving a request for a quotation, either with a quotation or to feedback expected SLA on quote
* Submit quotes to Account Manager and/ or Reseller, and follow the sales process on CRM, by loading opportunity, the quote to the client and all relevant support documents, and loading quote values to progress the opportunity to the “identified” stage
* Follow up with Account Manager and/ or Reseller to ensure that they have received their quote and to address any queries. In cases of direct contact with the Reseller, the CRM sales stage must be progressed to “validated” once the Reseller is happy with the quote
* Follow up with Account Manager and / or Reseller to encourage closure of the deals, and assist as required
* Liaise with Brand and Sales Operations team, who will assist in compiling and providing all required quotations, including straight renewals and upsell / cross sell opportunities in conjunction with Brand Teams (Note: Renewals Team may also compile quotes where skill set, knowledge and workload allow)
* Check all quotes prior to dissemination in accordance with request, ensuring that parts included meet requirements and pricing is accurate, including promotions where applicable
* Ensure that any information or advice pertaining to the quotation, product mix and pricing recommendations is communicated to the Account Manager and/ or Reseller
* Provide daily feedback to Account Manager and / or Reseller on quotes in progress, to include progress with timelines
* Manage the revision of quotes as required. Example: amendments to bill of materials and amendments of rate of exchange, in partnership with the Brand and Sales Operations Team
* Maintain professional working relationships with Vendor, Brand teams, Account Managers, Brand and Sales Operations Team, Procurement and Stores
* Build and maintain strong inter-team relationships within the Renewals Team, working together to achieve team targets as well as targets for personal dedicated brand/s, as outlined in the Sales Plan
* Perform any general administration duties in line with previous capabilities and competencies
|Client service and relationship management||* Develop and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with our vendors, resellers, and internal customers
* Effectively deal with email and / or telephonic enquiries to include acknowledgement of receipt of email enquiries within 1 hour using appropriate methods as per the SLA where applicable
* In cases of unavoidable delays to this SLA, communication and updates must be given to the Account Manager and/ or Reseller
* Communication to Account Manager and/ or Reseller around delivery dates and ETA’s of stock, deal registration approvals, pricing from vendor etc.
* Confirm delivery address, contact person, alternative contact person with telephone numbers against all orders
* Give stores at least 24 hour notice for any delivery or collection with the correct information and documentation
* Communicate to creditors when deferred payment has been agreed to and approved
* Process sales orders from the client via Accpac and ensure that the orders comply with the Vendors Terms and Conditions
* Ensure all orders are “clean” – in that they comply with procurement requirements to place order on vendor
|Vendor product and process knowledge||* Develop and maintain knowledge of products and vendor and internal process by attending relevant training and vendor webinars
* Complete required certifications relevant to job performance after authorization from direct Manager
* Develop knowledge around the pricing tools and mechanisms from each vendor
|Requirements from Brand Teams for Training and Continued Support||* Product Training and Updates on EOL and new products, as well as current promotions
* Pricing Structure Training – partner levels / programs, discount structures, deal registration policies and processes, process for requesting a quote from the vendor (ie co-term, contract consolidation)
* Vendor SLA’s
* Order processes – to include information and documents required to place an order
* Access to all previous and current standard and promotional price books
* Portal and Renewals Portal Access
* Access to download reports for expired, current and future renewal opportunities
* Vendor escalation process
* Vendor expectations in terms of revenue targets
* Vendor Contacts